Potter, Anthony S.
Address: 240 North Third Street Suite 1101, Harrisburg, PA 17101
Lawyer Firm: Powell, Trachtman, Logan, Carrle & Lombardo P.C.
|Areas of Practice||Contracting, Commercial and Construction Litigation, Administrative Law, Professional Licensing|
Anthony S. Potter focuses his practice on the representation and counseling of architects, engineers, contractors, design-build entities, and other businesses in matters involving contracting, commercial and construction litigation, administrative law, and professional licensing. Mr. Potter serves as general counsel to AIA Pennsylvania and is frequently called upon to provide seminars for design professionals on loss prevention, standard form construction contract documents, and construction litigation. He has represented clients before the Commonwealth Court, the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court.
Before joining Powell Trachtman, Mr. Potter was assistant general counsel to Governor Tom Ridge of Pennsylvania. In that capacity, he was responsible for representing the Governor and cabinet level officials in federal and state court, as well as providing legal counsel to department heads. Mr. Potter was lead counsel on public finance transactions, and oversaw the legal work of attorneys from a variety of state agencies, including the Department of Labor and Industry.
Mr. Potter is a member of the Pennsylvania, Dauphin County, and Federal Bar Associations. He is the former chair of the Young Lawyers Section of the Federal Bar Association for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, former secretary of the Dauphin County Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Section, and the former chair of the Professional Development Committee of Government Lawyers Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association.
Mr. Potter received his law degree with honors from Widener University School of Law in 1995. He received his undergraduate degree in Political Science from Millersville University in 1991. He is licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania and Maryland.
Other lawyers in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Pasqualini, Elisabeth K.H. Esquire - 9 views
- Weisberg, Larry A. Esq. - 4 views
- Weinstock, Jason M. - 0 views
- Cummings, Derrek W. Esq., CPA - 3 views
- Hoover, David M. - 5 views
- Engle, Jeffrey B. Esquire - 1 views
- Silliker, Mark T. - 4 views
- Cunningham, Jordan D. - 3 views
- Krug, Howard B. - 4 views
- Hickey, Stephan - 3 views
Popular lawyers in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Hoover, David M. - 5 views
- O’Connell, Timothy J. - 4 views
- McCarthy, James J. Jr. Esq., CPA - 32 views
- Nachamkin, Jennifer Anne - 5 views
- Rynard, Lisa A. - 5 views
- Rowe, Catherine Elizabeth - 5 views
- Wilken, Thomas A. Esq. - 4 views
- Rehkamp, Johanna H. - 6 views
- Moore, Stephen F. Esquire - 6 views
- Turner, James H. - 6 views
Most rated lawyers in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Milakovic, John G. - 0 votes
- Beckley, Charles O. II - 0 votes
- Dougherty, John B. - 0 votes
- Hickey, Stephan - 0 votes
- Cowden, James L. - 0 votes
- Phillips, Joseph C. Esquire - 0 votes
- Maffett, Richard F. Jr. - 0 votes
- Strokoff, Elliot A. - 0 votes
- Jacobson, Leslie D. - 0 votes
- Turner, James H. - 0 votes