Address: 504 North Baylen Street, Pensacola, FL 32501
Lawyer Firm: Law Office of Valerie Prevatte
|Areas of Practice||Domestic Violence Battery, Stalking and False Allegtions, Injunctions, Restraining Orders and Orders of Protection|
Valerie Prevatte earned her Bachelor of Science from Florida State University and her Doctorate of Juris Prudence from South Texas College of Law. After completing her education, she and her husband returned to their hometown of Pensacola.
Valerie Prevatte began her legal career as a prosecutor in the Escambia County office of the State Attorney. During her six years as a prosecutor, she prosecuted thousands of criminal cases ranging from misdemeanor DUI offenses to first degree punishable-by-life felony offenses. She left the State Attorney’s Office and worked for a brief time at a local insurance defense firm. Her heart, however, was in criminal law so in 2003 she opened her own law practice. Early in her solo practice, she handled small claims disputes, family law cases, dependency cases and, of course, criminal cases. She later narrowed her practice to primarily criminal defense and domestic violence injunction cases which remain her focus today.
As an active member of several legal organizations, Valerie Prevatte stays up-to-date on current events within the legal community. She has served as President of the Escambia Santa Rosa Bar Association; President of the Northwest Florida Association for Women Lawyers; Treasurer of the Escambia Santa Rosa chapter of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (FACDL); and is an active member of the local Inns of Court chapter.
She is a proud past recipient of the Women Leaders In the Law Award and the Florida Bar President’s Pro Bono Award for the First Judicial Circuit of Florida.
In addition to her admission to the Florida Bar in 1997, Valerie Prevatte was admitted to practice law in the Federal Court of the Northern District of Florida in 2004. Then, in 2009, she was sworn in to the Supreme Court of the United States of America, a distinction held by very few criminal defense attorneys in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties.
Other lawyers in Pensacola, Florida
- Adams, Kimberly - 10 views
- Ward, Austin R. - 11 views
- McGraw, Andrew E. - 4 views
- Cash, Bill III - 2 views
- Mann, David - 3 views
- White, Marlon - 1 views
- Geeker, Van P - 20 views
- Hoskin, Charles P - 7 views
- Harrell, C. Miner - 0 views
- Fox, Sally B. - 2 views
Popular lawyers in Pensacola, Florida
- Jurnovoy, Holly - 10 views
- Spain, Adrianna M. - 8 views
- Sanders, Hadley - 8 views
- Bouk, Winston Troy J.D., C.P.A., C.F.E. - 9 views
- Drlicka, Erick M. - 9 views
- Paulos, Emmie Joanna - 12 views
- Ward, Austin R. - 11 views
- Gilmer, Rachael Raymon - 9 views
- Bixby, Michael C. - 8 views
- Whibbs, J. Donovan - 10 views
Most rated lawyers in Pensacola, Florida
- Warren, Justin Phillip - 0 votes
- Patterson, P. Michael - 0 votes
- Thomas, Leo - 0 votes
- Borowski, T. A. “Ted” Jr. - 0 votes
- Ford, James Steven - 0 votes
- Wilson, James Milton - 0 votes
- Glassman, John - 0 votes
- Levin, Martin H. - 0 votes
- Vigodsky, Michael Brett - 0 votes
- Farrington, William E. II - 0 votes