Pruski, Jennifer L.
Address: 980 Fulton Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95825
Lawyer Firm: Trainor Fairbrook
Fax: (916) 929-7111
|Areas of Practice||Real Property Litigation|
Jennifer L. Pruski is a shareholder in the litigation, property management, and bankruptcy departments of Trainor Fairbrook. Her primary areas of practice are business disputes, bankruptcy, property management and real property litigation. She regularly represents property owners in lease disputes, partners in business disputes, and creditors in bankruptcy. Ms. Pruski also has extended her representation to international banks relating to real and personal property foreclosures, collection work and the sale of commercial properties. She manages and supervises the litigation and collection efforts for a local Sacramento Valley property owner and developer. Ms. Pruski became a Certified Specialist in the Area of Creditors’ Rights by the American Board of Certification in 2016. The examination and qualification process is vigorous and ensures that only the best of the best become a Certified Specialist in California.
Since joining Trainor Fairbrook, Ms. Pruski has represented individuals as well as corporations in a variety of real property-related matters which have lead to a greater involvement in bankruptcy and creditors rights. She routinely prepares motions for relief from stay, objections to plans of reorganization that do not provide for an adequate distribution to her clients, defends proofs of claim, seeks orders requiring post-petition payments when appropriate, and participates in evidentiary hearings on confirmation matters. Using her extensive experience in asset investigation and judgment collection, she evaluates the likelihood of recovery in any matter and provides clients with a candid assessment of what a client can expect from a particular dispute.
Prior to Trainor Fairbrook, Ms. Pruski represented the marine industry in administrative hearings before the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency and in litigation before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California, the Marin County Superior Court, and the First District Court of Appeal. She routinely defended product manufacturers and property owners, including all the major ski areas in California and Nevada, in litigation.
• Represented international banking corporation in obtaining possession of REO property from alleged tenant and others occupying said property. Court awarded possession of the property.• Represented joint venture partners in lengthy binding arbitration relating to land valued at $52.5 million which resulted in dissolution of joint venture. • Represented Northern California medical corporation in obtaining possession of San Francisco parking garage. After a two-day trial, the court awarded possession of the premises to the medical corporation.• Represented property owner in two-day trial on a claim of breach of lease against multiple individuals and entities where damages were awarded in excess of $1,000,000.• Represented property owner to evict service station operator for non-payment of leasehold obligations. Tenant sought protection of bankruptcy court on eve of trial which required motions in bankruptcy court to lift automatic stay. After a one-day court trial, the court awarded possession to the property owner.• Represented Northern California medical corporation that purchased an industrial park and inadvertently acquired an elderly man residing in a trailer thereon for more than 20 years. Significant negotiations were undertaken to provide alternative living arrangements for this individual with the local legal aid office. Ultimately, the court awarded possession of the premises to the corporation at trial.• Represented national real property development corporation in seeking possession of property used for off-site airport parking. After tenant undertook significant legal maneuvers, including bankruptcy, the court awarded possession of the premises to our client.
Significant Pre-Trial Resolutions
• Represented national real estate development corporation in lawsuit brought by former tenant alleging breach of contract, promissory fraud, negligent misrepresentation, rescission, reformation and declaratory relief. Summary judgment granted on all causes of action.• Obtained dismissal of all claims asserted by medical doctor who alleged claims of racial discrimination against regional medical organization.• Represented Western-region real estate developer in lawsuit against former tenant who asserted claims of fraud and breach of contract. Summary judgment granted in client’s favor in all claims.• Represented Lake Tahoe ski area in lawsuit brought by snowboarder that struck posted sign and was injured. Summary judgment granted based upon assumption of risk defense. Briefed and argued on appeal before the Third District Court of Appeal which affirmed the judgment.• Represented school district against claims brought by student for dangerous condition of public property and negligence where student’s brother stole denatured alcohol from a class and played with the substance at his home causing severe burns to his sister. Summary judgment granted on all claims with the court finding that there was no causation. Judgment affirmed on appeal.
• Routinely files proofs of claim and motions for relief from stay to pursue foreclosures and state court• Analyzes plans of reorganization with an eye toward maximizing creditor client’s recovery in bankruptcy.• Has pursued claims of non-dischargeability of debt when client has relied on fraudulent financial statements in contract transaction.
• Represented international banking corporation in settlement of post-foreclosure tenant issues, including a creative solution to obtaining a waiver of the statutory notice for the disposition of a tenant’s abandoned personal property and business equipment.• Represented national real estate company in breach of lease case resulting in stipulated judgment in excess of $2.9 million.• Represented national real estate company in breach of lease case resulting in stipulated judgment in excess of $1.6 million.• Represented national real estate company in breach of lease case resulting in a stipulated judgment for $40,000.
Other lawyers in Sacramento, California
- Wasznicky, Diane E. - 8 views
- Grunwald, Natalya V. - 15 views
- McGlamery, James Eric - 3 views
- Middleton, Michael S. - 10 views
- Jenni, Michelle C. - 2 views
- Ward, Justin L. - 4 views
- Shioya, Donna N. - 2 views
- Campbell, Colby A. - 1 views
- Best, Robert K. - 6 views
- Hose, Lara E. - 4 views
Popular lawyers in Sacramento, California
- Widders, Blair H. - 10 views
- McCaslin, John C. - 13 views
- Willis, Tonya - 10 views
- Fetzer, Dianne M. - 8 views
- Pasztor, Jolene Marie - 7 views
- Lucido, Anna M. - 17 views
- Taylor, Zachary W. - 7 views
- Robison, Jessica A. - 12 views
- Ford, Judy L. - 12 views
- Fairbrook, John D. - 13 views