Shenkman, Fredric L.
Address: 1125 Atlantic Avenue Suite 320, Atlantic City, NJ 08401
Lawyer Firm: Cooper Levenson Attorneys at Law
|Areas of Practice||Transactional Work, Commercial Litigation|
Joining Cooper Levenson in 1988, Fredric ‘Ric’ Shenkman has decades of experience in both transactional work and commercial litigation.
His transactional work includes the drafting of asset sales; cross-purchase and redemption agreements; asset based financing agreements; post-employment restrictive covenants; business separation agreements; PILOT Agreements (payment in lieu of taxes agreements) and work-outs.
He has litigated in both the State and Federal Courts in such areas as real estate, partnership dissolution; corporate dissolution; construction defects; oppressed shareholder/minority freeze-outs; condominium governance; corporate governance; public finance; state and federal taxation; FOIA; OPRA; title defense, environmental, ad valorem taxation, D & O and E & O defense, defense of legal malpractice, defense of lawyers in ethics proceedings, and foreclosures.
Ric also has lectured extensively on general equity and attorney ethics to various bar associations and Inns of Court. He served as chairperson and as secretary of District I of the New Jersey District Ethics Committees.
Gottlob v. Lopez, 501 A.2d 176, 205 N.J. Super. 417 (App. Div. 1985) certification denied 517 A.2d 384, 104 N.J. 373 (1986)Atlantic City Convention Center Authority v. South Jersey Publishing, 647 A.2d 1261, 135 N.J. 53 (1994)Porta v. Klagholz, 19 F. Supp.2d 290 (D.N.J. 1998); and Delaware River and Bay Authority v. York Hunter, 781 A.2d 1126, 344 N.J. Super. 361 (Ch. 2001)
Ric is a graduate of the University of Rochester (B.A., cum laude, 1976), and Temple University School of Law (J.D. -1979; L.L.M. in Taxation, 1984). He is admitted to practice in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, the United States District Courts of New Jersey, Eastern Pennsylvania, Southern New York, Western New York, the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, and the United States Tax Court.
Tax Evaluation Methodology CL AlertTax Appeals Make Sense CL AlertAttorney Ethics – A Primer CL ArticleFactors to determine whether to bring suit in Federal Court Website
Other lawyers in Atlantic City, New Jersey
- Barbone, Louis M. - 1 views
- Janka, Daria Bojidarova - 1 views
- Rosa, Ronald A. - 5 views
- Joyce, Patrick C. - 5 views
- Talvacchia, Nicholas F. - 0 views
- Levin, Joseph A. - 4 views
- Tomljenovic, Alyson M. - 3 views
- Schweller, Lewis J. - 4 views
- Fusco, Joseph A - 10 views
- Alexander, Timothy C. - 3 views
Popular lawyers in Atlantic City, New Jersey
- Niedelman, Louis - 11 views
- Browndorf, Eric A. - 14 views
- Rosenfeld, Steven E. - 7 views
- Swift, Jennifer B. - 5 views
- Drucks, Howard E. - 6 views
- April, Lewis B. - 5 views
- Donio, William S. - 13 views
- Joyce, Patrick C. - 5 views
- Jacobs, Edwin J. Jr. - 4 views
- Ojserkis, Jill T. - 18 views