Shestak, Adam M.
Address: Three Gateway Center 401 Liberty Ave. 22nd Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Lawyer Firm: Houston Harbaugh, P.C.
|Areas of Practice||Employment Law, Litigation, Health Care, Immigration Law|
An attorney in the Employment and Labor Law practice group, Adam represents clients in both advisory and litigation capacities. He regularly counsels clients on a range of employment issues such as hiring and discipline, the Family and Medical Leave Act, wage and hour matters, and anti-discrimination laws. A significant portion of Adam’s practice involves providing counsel and employment-related advice to healthcare entities and providers of various types and sizes. This includes assisting clients with human resources matters, restrictive covenant issues, contract negotiations and employment and compensation arrangements, as well as drafting physician contracts and policies and handbooks specifically tailored to the healthcare industry.
In the litigation arena, Adam has successfully represented clients before federal and state courts as well as administrative agencies such as the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission, Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities, and Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry.
Prior to joining Houston Harbaugh, Adam practiced law in the State of North Carolina for eight years. He spent over four of those years with a regional law firm where he practiced employment law and commercial litigation. Adam then joined the North Carolina Department of Justice as an Assistant Attorney General, where he served as the in-house attorney for a large state hospital for several years. As an Assistant Attorney General he also represented the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services in litigation before both federal and state trial and appellate courts.
Adam also often assists clients in performing fact-finding investigations of workplace complaints (e.g., sexual, racial or other harassment, fraud, embezzlement, etc.), functioning as an outside, skilled, and impartial fact-finder who: i) helps employers determine who and what to believe, and ii) can serve as a witness to those conclusions in the event litigation results from an investigation’s findings.
Adam also represents and advises individuals and employers in business-related immigration matters, including those related to employment in the healthcare sector. In this area, he helps clients to understand the legal landscape of immigration-related options, identify efficient solutions, and obtain necessary employment authorizations.
Other lawyers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Harper, Caitlin E. CELA - 4 views
- Trbovich, Ned - 2 views
- Cherkin, Rhett P. - 4 views
- Murcko, Thomas C. - 0 views
- Logan, Kathleen M. - 4 views
- Lautman, Matthew J. - 5 views
- Reiner Skovdal, Amber L. - 0 views
- Calderwood, Gail C. Esq. - 10 views
- O’Brien, Theresa Boland - 1 views
- Burnett, Robert J. - 4 views
Popular lawyers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stroyd, Arthur H. - 11 views
- Acheson, Amy - 14 views
- Ellel, Jessica A. - 9 views
- Ricciuti, Randall T. - 10 views
- Coleman, Craig E. - 9 views
- Calderwood, Gail C. Esq. - 10 views
- Devine, Bryan C. - 28 views
- Dornish, Bradley S. Esquire - 10 views
- Freed, Michael R. - 14 views
- Robb, Michael P. - 9 views
Most rated lawyers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Cohen, David I. - 0 votes
- Bock, Jack P. III, Esquire - 0 votes
- Gray, Julian E. CELA - 0 votes
- Copetas, William P. - 0 votes
- Gunnett, Gary J. - 0 votes
- Dornish, Bradley S. Esquire - 0 votes
- Calabrese, Pauline Esquire - 0 votes
- Del Sole, Hon. Joseph A. - 0 votes
- Massa, Rudy - 0 votes
- Ludwikowski, Jeffrey J. - 0 votes