Simms, Joseph S.
Address: 1111 Superior Avenue East Suite 2500, Cleveland, OH 44114
Lawyer Firm: Koehler Fitzgerald LLC
|Areas of Practice||Commercial Litigation, Complex Securities Litigation and Arbitration, Financial Institutions Litigation, Regulatory Investigations, Broker-Dealer and Investment Advisors Liability Defense, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Unfair Competition and Trade Secrets Litigation|
With two decades of legal experience, Joe focuses his practice on complex business disputes, commercial litigation, and alternative dispute resolution. He represents public and private companies and individuals in the financial services, banking, brokerage, insurance, real estate, manufacturing, and construction industries in a wide array of cases involving breach of contract and fraud claims, issues relating to claims of unfair competition and trade secrets violations, and general tort litigation. His primary focus is complex securities litigation and arbitration, financial institution litigation, regulatory investigations and inquiries, and broker-dealer liability defense, in which he represents brokers, broker-dealers, investment advisors, banks, and insurance companies in claims involving allegations of professional misconduct.
An accomplished litigator and counselor, Joe has been named to the Ohio Super Lawyers list, a designation reserved for only 5% of Ohio lawyers, and has achieved Martindale-Hubbell’s® highest ranking, AV Preeminent®. According to feedback obtained during the rating process, Joe was described as an attorney who "excels at determining a strategy that is cost-effective for the client and then expertly executing that strategy through top-notch work product and advocacy," and was recognized as an "excellent lawyer with a wide range of experience and knowledge," who is "among the top defense counsel in the broker-dealer bar."
Joe also writes and speaks frequently throughout the State of Ohio and nationwide on topics of interest to litigators and financial services professionals, and is an active member of the Defense Research Institute (DRI), Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys (OACTA) and Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA). He also serves as the co-chair of the Securities Arbitration Subcommittee of the American Bar Association’s Litigation Section, and is the Vice Chair and past Secretary and Treasurer of the Litigation Section of the Ohio State Bar Association.
When Joe is not working, he enjoys spending time with his family and volunteering for various organizations that help improve the lives, health, well-being and education of the children of our community.
Other lawyers in Cleveland, Ohio
- Schall, Brian D. - 4 views
- Zoller, John D. Esq. - 3 views
- Englehart, Laura E. - 2 views
- Marrer, Steven A. - 6 views
- Cooper, Christine M. - 4 views
- Bashein, W. Craig - 1 views
- Rohr, Mallory A. - 2 views
- Cowden, Gerald W. - 15 views
- Scheutzow, Susan O. - 2 views
- Talcott, Thomas J. - 5 views
Popular lawyers in Cleveland, Ohio
- Hupp, Steven J. - 10 views
- Roth, Lisa J. - 10 views
- Kraemer, Lisa R. - 12 views
- Cowden, Gerald W. - 15 views
- Weingrad, Stephen C. - 10 views
- Weiner, David C. - 10 views
- Reedy, Amy - 10 views
- Nagorney, Frank P. - 12 views
- Kotnik, Donald P. - 10 views
- Venizelos, Constantine P. - 13 views
Most rated lawyers in Cleveland, Ohio
- Feagan, Glenn D. - 0 votes
- Hupp, Steven J. - 0 votes
- Rumizen, Scott A. - 0 votes
- Bolek, Cathleen M. - 0 votes
- Shero-Cuiffo, Megan - 0 votes
- Palombo, Anthony N. - 0 votes
- Reichard, Joyce Chambers - 0 votes
- Young, Andrew R. Esq. - 0 votes
- Metzger, Robert L. - 0 votes
- Goldstein, Michael D. Esq. - 0 votes