Address: 1400 16th Street, NW Suite 500, Washington, DC 20036
Lawyer Firm: Bernabei & Kabat, PLLC
|Areas of Practice||Employment Litigation, Civil Rights|
Kristen Sinisi represents employees in employment litigation, including statutory discrimination and retaliation claims, and common-law claims arising in the workplace setting. Ms. Sinisi has pursued a variety of employment-related claims, including claims for discrimination, retaliation, breach of contract, and whistleblower claims arising under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Dodd-Frank Act, False Claims Act, and Defense Contractor Whistleblower Protection Act. Ms. Sinisi also has experience challenging employers’ restrictive covenants, including non-compete provisions.
Prior to joining Bernabei & Kabat, Ms. Sinisi served as the Chief Law Clerk to the Honorable Dan Pellegrini at the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania, where she analyzed a variety of employment issues in the appellate context, including tenure denials, breach of contract claims, professional licensure suspensions and revocations, labor-union/management disputes arising under collective bargaining agreements, unemployment compensation denials, and numerous civil rights matters.
Before clerking, Ms. Sinisi played a key role in obtaining a seminal ruling from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit regarding the pleading standard applicable to whistleblower complaints filed under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002. In the same case, Ms. Sinisi successfully argued before the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania that SOX’s whistleblower provision applies to wholly owned subsidiaries of publicly traded companies, even with respect to action taken prior to the enactment of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, and therefore afforded the complainant protection.
Ms. Sinisi graduated magna cum laude from the Catholic University of America in 2011, where she served as the Editor-in-Chief of the Catholic University Law Review and as a Teaching Assistant for Federal Civil Procedure. While in law school, Ms. Sinisi was a judicial intern for the Honorable John M. Facciola at the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia. She graduated summa cum laude from the Indiana University of Pennsylvania’s Cook Honors College in 2008.
Ms. Sinisi is admitted to practice law in Maryland, Pennsylvania, and the District of Columbia.
Other lawyers in Washington,
- Mykytiuk, Jay P. Esq. - 5 views
- Muenster, Mark W. - 1 views
- Palachuk, Geoff - 10 views
- Nur, Omar Attorney at Law - 5 views
- Fick, James G. - 0 views
- DuComb, Darby N. - 4 views
- Harris, Mark James - 3 views
- Lord, Barbara Esq. - 1 views
- Lyman, Charles A. - 11 views
- Eckstrom, Melissa - 2 views
Popular lawyers in Washington,
- Granwell, Alan W. - 22 views
- Brillian, John H. - 26 views
- Kozma, Daniel S. - 8 views
- Pasekoff, Marc E. - 31 views
- Ren, Nina - 10 views
- Gómez, Bert - 10 views
- Kumin, Avi - 18 views
- Dale, G. Allen - 8 views
- Wood, Amanda L. - 10 views
- Siegwart , Kristan A. - 11 views
Most rated lawyers in Washington,
- Davis, Mark D. - 0 votes
- Mitchell, Tami L. Esq - 0 votes
- Harrigan, Cecil C. II - 0 votes
- Kuntz, Mary E. - 0 votes
- Ladson, Damon C. - 0 votes
- O’Donnell, Patrick P. - 0 votes
- Crenshaw, Janina R. - 0 votes
- Shiao, Jonathan Chia Ying - 0 votes
- Bullock, Robert S. Esq., CELA, CAP - 0 votes
- Wood, Amanda L. - 0 votes