Smith, Kevin W.
Address: 475 Whitney Avenue, New Haven, CT 06511
Lawyer Firm: The Pellegrino Law Firm P.C.
|Areas of Practice||Commercial Transactions and Commercial and Residential Real Estate, Business Formations, General Civil Litigation, Workers Compensation, Personal Injury|
Kevin W. Smith practices in the areas of commercial transactions and commercial and residential real estate, business formations, general civil litigation, workers compensation and personal injury. He is a graduate of Florida State University and the American University Washington College of Law in Washington, D.C. He is admitted to practice before the Courts of the State of Connecticut, the United States District Court of Connecticut, The Second Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court.
Attorney Smith has represented many clients in the sale and purchase of small businesses. This includes the negotiation and preparation of the necessary documents including contracts, leases, deeds, and financing documents. It also includes working closely with the federal, state and local offices that regulate these transactions.
Attorney Smith has been a Hearing Officer for the State of Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection. He was also an Assistant Town Attorney for the Town of Hamden ad represented them in litigation matters. He has tried cases in State and Federal Court, Administrative Agencies and The Workers Compensation Commission. In 2007 he was recognized in Connecticut Magazine as a Connecticut Super Lawyer in General Litigation.
Attorney Smith has been a member of the Connecticut Bar Association. He has served as a member of The Executive Committee of the New Haven County Bar Association. He has been a lecturer on Workers Compensation for the Peoples Law School.
Attorney Smith has been active in the Middletown community as a soccer coach and as the head of The Middletown High School girls soccer team Booster Club. He has also served on numerous committees for the Middletown Board of Education. He was the recipient of the United States Marine Corp. Reserve Toys for Tots Program Commanding General Award.
Other lawyers in New Haven, Connecticut
- Baker, Dean W. - 10 views
- Cahill, George J. Jr. - 6 views
- Grandjean, Clifford - 2 views
- Mitler, Laura S. - 10 views
- Keefe, John J. Jr. - 8 views
- Boorsma, Megan - 9 views
- Bellair, Marisa A. - 0 views
- Popilowski, Matthew D. - 6 views
- Gulliver, Carl T. - 3 views
- Saffer, Michael D. - 3 views
Popular lawyers in New Haven, Connecticut
- Einhorn, Jonathan J. - 9 views
- Scholfield, Daniel P. - 7 views
- Burns, Daniel C - 13 views
- Clark, Steven A. - 7 views
- Bikakis, Nicole C. - 16 views
- Lewendon, Whitney M. - 6 views
- Gillis, Edward M. - 6 views
- Longo McLean, Rose - 6 views
- Annecchino, Louis A. - 9 views
- Berdon, Peter A. - 13 views
Most rated lawyers in New Haven, Connecticut
- Crowley, Timothy W. - 0 votes
- Bellis, Stephen R. - 0 votes
- Grandjean, Clifford - 0 votes
- Perry, Scott E. - 0 votes
- Tiernan, Charles E. III - 0 votes
- Roberge, Stephanie Z. - 0 votes
- Emanuel, Richard - 0 votes
- Swift, Donn A. - 0 votes
- Nelligan, Brendan K. - 0 votes
- Marcarelli, Ralph E. Hon. Esq. - 0 votes