Smith, Matthew C.
Address: 541 Buttermilk Pike Suite 500 P.O. Box 175710, Covington, KY 41017
Lawyer Firm: Ziegler & Schneider P.S.C.
|Areas of Practice||Business & Corporate, Municipal & Government, Personal Practice|
Matt Smith received his law degree from the University of Kentucky College of Law, graduating cum laude in 1999. He is a member of the Kentucky Bar Association, Ohio Bar Association, and the Northern Kentucky Bar Association. He is admitted before the United States Supreme Court, and the Federal Eastern District of Kentucky.
Matt concentrates his practice as a part of the firm’s Business & Corporate, Municipal & Government, and Personal Practice Groups. Matt represents a vast array and diverse group of highly successful businesses, including family owned businesses, closely held corporations and start-up businesses. He provides legal representation in all aspects of regulatory compliance, commercial transactions, corporate formations, corporate dissolutions, shareholder agreements, and commercial litigation. Matt has represented both buyers and sellers in multi-million dollar transactions to sell or acquire businesses and/or franchises across many states.
Matt has an extensive governmental practice, including work with the Kenton County Airport Board and he represents the Kenton County Planning Commission, the Campbell County Planning Commission, and numerous other boards, such as the Boone County Extension District, Kenton County Extension District, Union Fire Protection District, and Walton Fire Protection District.
As part of the firm’s Business & Corporate Practice Group, assists employers in all aspects of employment law, including but not limited to, employment contracts, severance agreements, compliance with federal and state law, wage and hour claims, discrimination claims, unemployment disputes, non-solicitation agreements, non-compete agreements, confidentiality agreements, and employment termination matters.Matt also has a broad base of experience in representing physicians in contracting for employment and partnerships across the United States and internationally.
Matt is engaged in the representation of financial institutions in regulatory compliance, commercial transactions, consumer claims, and complex commercial disputes.As part of the firm’s Personal Practice Group, Matt works closely with financial planners and accountants for high net worth clients on estate planning needs and business succession, as well as working with clients on Medicaid planning, wills, powers of attorney, trusts and living wills.
Matt is engaged in many civic and charitable activities. Matt lives in Florence with his wife Glenda, and two children, Kyle and Jacob. He enjoys spending time with his family, fly-fishing, running, and boating.
Other lawyers in Covington, Kentucky
- Berger, Alexander J. - 12 views
- Ireland, Joseph T. - 0 views
- Jackson, Christopher L. - 1 views
- Davis, Michelle Mayne - 1 views
- Ward, Laura A. - 5 views
- Lawrence, Jennifer L. - 4 views
- Updike, Russell Wayne - 2 views
- Baker, Michael L. - 16 views
- Stavros, Catherine D. - 0 views
- Truitt, Jack E. - 9 views
Popular lawyers in Covington, Kentucky
- Ziegler, Robert C - 7 views
- Hampton, Lisa D. - 6 views
- Ziegler, Wilbert Louis - 7 views
- Mitchell, Amber - 7 views
- Crawford, Jennifer K.M. - 6 views
- Gahagan, Peter - 11 views
- Truitt, Jack E. - 9 views
- Strauss, John L. - 11 views
- Markgraf, Paul R. - 8 views
- Berger, Bryan Charles - 8 views
Most rated lawyers in Covington, Kentucky
- Hunt, Daniel A. - 0 votes
- Boh, Molly McEvoy - 0 votes
- Ziegler, Wilbert Louis - 0 votes
- Updike, Russell Wayne - 0 votes
- Cowherd, Colby B. - 0 votes
- Mitchell, Amber - 0 votes
- Bouldin, Michael William - 0 votes
- Ireland, Joseph T. - 0 votes
- Duncan, Michael Allen - 0 votes
- Craig, William Thomas - 0 votes