Stone, Wesley D.
Address: 617 W. Main Street P.O. Box 869, Knoxville, TN 37902
Lawyer Firm: Hodges, Doughty & Carson, PLLC
|Areas of Practice||Criminal Defense, Appellate Practice, DWI/DUI, Alcohol & Drug Related Crimes|
Wesley D. Stone graduated from the University of Tennessee at Knoxville with a Bachelor of Science degree in 1996. He graduated from the Cumberland School of Law at Samford University in Birmingham, Alabama cum laude in 2000. After being primarily engaged in private practice since receiving his licence, he joined Hodges, Doughty and Carson as associate. He is a member of the Tennessee Association of Criminal Lawyers. His practice concentration is criminal defense including driving under the influence and other motor vehicle related offenses, misdemeanors, felonies, juvenile delinquency cases, and appellate practice.
Mr. Stone attended the Annual William P. Redick, Jr. Capital Defense Seminar in Nashville, Tennessee. The seminar was hosted by the Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and provided specialized training in the defense of individuals accused of a capital offense where the state seeks the death penalty. As a result of fulfilling the requirements of Rule 13, Section 3 of the Rules of the Tennessee Supreme Court, Mr. Stone is qualified to represent capital defendants throughout the state of Tennessee.
Mr. Stone also attended the Sixth Circuit Practice Institute in Cincinnati, Ohio. This seminar provided Mr. Stone with an opportunity to hear directly from several of the Sixth Circuit Judges, including the Honorable Alice M. Batchelder, Chief Judge of the United States Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, court staff and other appellate attorneys on how to practice law more effectively before the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals in Cincinnati, Ohio. Donald B. Verrilli, Jr., Solicitor General for the United States, was also a speaker at the seminar.
Mr. Stone enjoys fishing, spending time with his family, and U.T. football.
Other lawyers in Knoxville, Tennessee
- Tucker, Kate E. - 8 views
- Shamblin, Ryan Neil - 2 views
- Young, Katherine Ann - 0 views
- Banks, Heather Ellis - 3 views
- Lawson, Cynthia - 6 views
- Winters, John E. - 3 views
- Arrants, George R. Jr. - 2 views
- Harb, Albert J. - 5 views
- Attanasio, Ronald (Ron) J - 0 views
- Hindman, Tommy K. - 7 views
Popular lawyers in Knoxville, Tennessee
- Hall, Lisa J. - 7 views
- Priest, Adam M. - 8 views
- Trammell, Brian Hardy - 6 views
- Scott, Thomas S. Jr. - 6 views
- Bartlett, Beecher A. Jr. - 6 views
- Alley, G. Keith - 6 views
- Lehberger, Jo Ann - 16 views
- Yeager, Kandi R. - 8 views
- Aaron, Roy L. - 7 views
- Adkins, Terrill Lee - 8 views