Suarez, Jesus M.
Address: Bank of America Tower, International Place 100 Southeast Second Street 44th Floor, Miami, FL 33131
Lawyer Firm: Genovese Joblove & Battista, P.A.
|Areas of Practice||Bankruptcy Law, Commercial Litigation, Creditor’s Rights, Governmental Law, Real Estate Transactions|
Jesus M. Suarez concentrates his practices in the areas of litigation, governmental law, creditor’s rights, bankruptcy litigation, and real estate transactions. He represents parties in litigation matters arising from business disputes, Ponzi schemes, and other fraudulent and insolvent enterprises. He also counsels both private and public clients before various municipal, state and federal governments and agencies.
Suarez recently assisted in representing, as special litigation counsel, the Chapter 11 Trustee of Rothstein Rosenfeldt Adler, P.A, reported to be the fourth largest Ponzi scheme ever, in settling litigation matters for in excess of $100 million.
Suarez has represented several individuals in high-profile matters. He obtained a judgment in a contested election dispute that resulted in the firm’s client being deemed eligible to stand for public office. In another instance, he represented a developer in dispute with a local municipality, allowing the firm’s client to continue development of a large residential project.
Suarez is “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell and has been recognized in Chambers & Partners USA, where is lauded for his courtroom skill and described as a “very smart and very capable advocate." He has also been recognized as a "Rising Star" by Florida Super Lawyers and a "Top Up and Comer” by Florida Trend. He is a graduate of the National Institute of Trial Advocacy (National Session). Prior to joining the firm, Suarez served as a law clerk and legislative analyst to the Florida House of Representatives, where he co-authored a published report, “Developing and Financing the Florida Department of Transportation’s Five Year Work Program.”
Suarez is a member of The Florida Bar and admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court and U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida. He received his juris doctor from the University of Florida College of Law in 2008. While attending law school, he was a research assistant for the Law & Policy in the Americas Program, a director of the Volunteer Income Tax Clinic and was inducted into Florida Blue Key. He was also a member of the International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court Team, where he was selected to participate in the Fourteenth Annual Willem C. Vis Moot Competition in Vienna, Austria. Suarez earned his bachelor of business administration, cum laude, from Loyola University Chicago, where he majored in finance and international business. He is a proud member of the Belen Jesuit Alumni Association.
Other lawyers in Miami, Florida
- Zickler, Cheryl - 9 views
- Genovese, John H. - 3 views
- Blynn, Aaron S. - 9 views
- Regueiro, Rainier Esq. - 3 views
- Rhodes, Thomas F. - 7 views
- Arrastia, John Jr. - 8 views
- Aiello, Paul - 11 views
- Perez, Chastity - 3 views
- Keshen, Nelson C. Esq. - 3 views
- Riess, Cheryl L. - 9 views
Popular lawyers in Miami, Florida
- Williams, Vernita C. - 19 views
- Doliner, Deborah - 9 views
- Bradford, Omar K. - 9 views
- Aiello, Paul - 11 views
- Quesada, Marco A. - 10 views
- Perlman, Jonathan E. - 20 views
- Alden, Christine J. - 10 views
- Orenstein, Jessica A. - 15 views
- Armand, Arturo A. Esq. - 12 views
- Dombovary, Elizabeth B. - 11 views
Most rated lawyers in Miami, Florida
- Gammill, Warren P. - 0 votes
- Franco, Rodrigo Duarte - 0 votes
- Beckham, Robert J. Jr. - 0 votes
- Quesada, Marco A. - 0 votes
- Keshen, Nelson C. Esq. - 0 votes
- Zachary, Michael Mead - 0 votes
- Bellas, Peter W. - 0 votes
- Negrette-Gonzalez, Claudia - 0 votes
- Mullick, Sundeep K. - 0 votes
- Shulman, Brody M. Esq. - 0 votes