Sweet, James D.
Address: 122 W. Washington Avenue Suite 850, Madison, WI 53703
Lawyer Firm: Steinhilber Swanson LLP
|Areas of Practice||Bankruptcy, State Court Receiverships, Purchase or Sale of Business Assets, Out-of-Court Restructuring, Workouts and Reorganizations|
James D. Sweet is a partner in the firm of Steinhilber Swanson LLP. He represents businesses, individuals and other interested parties throughout Wisconsin, northern Iowa, Minnesota and northern Illinois in bankruptcy cases, state court receiverships, purchase or sale of business assets, and out-of-court restructuring, workouts and reorganizations.
Mr. Sweet has extensive experience representing debtors, creditor committees, bondholder committees, bankruptcy trustees, receivers, banks and other creditors as well as purchasers of assets and businesses.
His skills, knowledge and experience have earned him inclusion in a myriad of professional associations and have garnered multiple awards. He is AV Preeminent* peer-review rated through Martindale-Hubbell. Mr. Sweet was recognized by his peers and by being chosen as a Fellow of the American College of Bankruptcy, the profession’s highest honor. The college chooses fellows who have demonstrated a career of excellence and effective representation in their profession, dedication to community service, and consistent charity.
Mr. Sweet is a frequent lecturer on bankruptcy, insolvency and workout matters throughout the Midwest. He is a member of the American Bar Association and the American Bankruptcy Institute. He is the past president and chairman of the American Boards of Certification.
Mr. Sweet is a debt relief agent. He helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Other lawyers in Madison, Wisconsin
- DuBeau, Guy J. - 1 views
- Collins, Gregory C. - 5 views
- Slota, Holly - 1 views
- Armstrong, Bradley D. - 6 views
- Thompson, Troy D. - 1 views
- Pines, Lester A. - 7 views
- Westerberg, Christa O. - 3 views
- Zaleski, Steven W. - 5 views
- Hough, Brian C. - 3 views
- Lubinsky, Lori M. - 6 views
Popular lawyers in Madison, Wisconsin
- Welsh, Diane M. - 10 views
- Bednarek, John B. - 8 views
- Riley, Mike - 11 views
- Bednarek, Jonas - 9 views
- Limbach, Jennifer - 10 views
- Anderson, Michael S. - 9 views
- Pelletier, David M. - 7 views
- Ruoho, Elise Clancy - 10 views
- Trost, Kevin D. - 8 views
- Otis, Nathan T. - 8 views
Most rated lawyers in Madison, Wisconsin
- Patterson, Beauregard William - 1 votes
- Petershack, Richard E. - 0 votes
- Grigg, Kathryn M. - 0 votes
- TenBruggencate, Alison - 0 votes
- Berghahn, Marcus J. - 0 votes
- Barber, Timothy M. - 0 votes
- Sharma, Jaya - 0 votes
- Nording, Stephen J. - 0 votes
- Sweet, James D. - 0 votes
- Stewart, Walter R. - 0 votes