Address: 300 Ottawa Avenue Suite 810, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Lawyer Firm: Willey & Chamberlain LLP
|Areas of Practice||Criminal Law|
Attorney Peter Van Gelderen remains committed to honest, passionate and thorough representation of the accused facing criminal prosecution. Since his admission to the bar, his practice has been focused solely on criminal law – from simple misdemeanor cases to complex state and federal prosecutions.
Peter’s criminal defense experience includes OWI (operating while intoxicated) offenses, drug offenses, federal RICO cases, fraud, white collar crime and violent crimes. In addition, he also handles license matters with the Michigan Secretary of State for those facing license consequences related to criminal activity.
Peter earned a B.A. from the University of Michigan in history, with a minor in moral and political philosophy, in 2005. He received his J.D., with distinction, from Thomas M. Cooley Law School in 2009. While in law school Peter served as an associate editor of Law Review and Chairman of the Mock Trial Board on the Grand Rapids campus. He also spent time working as an intern in the Ottawa County Prosecutor’s Office providing him with experience in trial work and criminal law.
Prior to joining Willey & Chamberlain in 2011, Peter used the education and experiences gained during law school to open a private practice devoted exclusively to criminal law. During that time, he was able to gain valuable experience in misdemeanor and felony work in state courts throughout West Michigan.
Peter has further developed his expertise in these areas by continuing his practice in criminal law through Willey & Chamberlain, engaging in criminal defense organization – and participating in the trial advocacy workshops such as the Hillman Advocacy Program. His commitment to the accused and fundamental fairness in the criminal justice system continues on at Willey & Chamberlain.
If you have been charged with a crime, you need aggressive, effective and efficient representation dedicated to protecting your rights and interests at every stage of your case. Experienced attorney Peter VanGelderen will effectively support you from the grand jury investigation through an appeal, if necessary.
For more information about criminal defense attorney Peter VanGelderen, or to learn more about the experienced and trusted criminal defense attorneys at Willey & Chamberlain, contact us here or call our office directly at 616.458.2212.
Other lawyers in Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Steffel, James J. - 6 views
- McDonald, William E. Jr. - 3 views
- Andrulis, Loren M. - 1 views
- Ramsey, Janet L. - 6 views
- Krupp, Dawn I. - 10 views
- Kok, Jonathan P. - 10 views
- Dani, William P. - 7 views
- Dozeman, Douglas A. - 2 views
- Maggini (1912-2005), Louis E - 4 views
- Kugele, Norbert F. - 5 views
Popular lawyers in Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Collins, Catherine S. - 14 views
- Krupp, Dawn I. - 10 views
- Wassink, Mark J. - 9 views
- Stanley, Frank E. - 7 views
- Turrell, Ford J. H. - 8 views
- Jozwiak, Margaret S. - 11 views
- Bardelli, Edward J. - 9 views
- Stemple, Justin W. - 21 views
- Saper, Vernon P. - 11 views
- Rabaut, Louis C. - 12 views
Most rated lawyers in Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Krupp, Christian G. II - 0 votes
- Keener, Susan Wilson - 0 votes
- Underhill, Amber M. - 0 votes
- Westbrook, Clinton W. - 0 votes
- Wagner, Douglas E. - 0 votes
- Dufendach, Carl W. - 0 votes
- Taylor, Timothy L. - 0 votes
- Turrell, Ford J. H. - 0 votes
- Phillips, Danyale M. - 0 votes
- Cantor, Emily E. - 0 votes