Yates, Emma L.
Address: 19 South La Salle Street Suite 1500, Chicago, IL 60603
Lawyer Firm: The Law Offices of Jeffery M. Leving, Ltd.
|Areas of Practice||Family|
Emma L. Yates earned her Juris Doctor degree from Loyola University Chicago School of Law. Emma was awarded a merit scholarship upon her entrance to law school. While in law school, she was part of the school’s Business Law Clinic, helping to set up for-profit and not-for-profit corporations. Emma was also an Associate Editor for The Loyola University Chicago School of Law International Law Review, where she edited publications written by well-known legal scholars focusing on issues involving international law.
Emma came to Chicago for her undergraduate studies at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois. At Northwestern, Emma earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology, with a minor in German. Emma spent her junior year studying abroad at Humboldt University in Berlin, Germany. Upon graduating, Emma volunteered full time as an AmeriCorps member in Little Rock, Arkansas, where she led a community service and leadership development program for middle-school youth.
In addition to fighting for fathers seeking custody and parenting time with their children, Emma has substantial experience working on complex contested divorce cases involving high net-worth clients who own their own businesses. Emma’s interest in family law began in law school, when she clerked for a firm with a significant focus on family law. After graduating from law school, Emma entered private practice, where she has devoted her career to family law. Emma is frequently called upon to assist her clients in matters where division of marital and non-marital assets is a critical issue. For example, Emma has helped her clients achieve successful divisions of important marital assets and in protecting clients from the other spouse’s claims. Emma also has often helped her clients achieve very favorable property divisions of other marital assets, including retirement assets, bank accounts, investments, real estate, and other assets. Emma has represented many clients in post-decree litigation and has significant experience working with clients in cases involving maintenance (alimony) and child support. Emma also successfully represents her clients in matters involving the allocation of parental responsibilities (child custody), parenting time (visitation), grandparent visitation, and issues related to college contribution.
Emma is licensed to practice law in all State Courts in Illinois by the Supreme Court of Illinois and before the Federal Court of the Northern District of Illinois.
Update Yates, Emma L. information | View Google Map
Other lawyers in Chicago, Illinois
- Nieland, James C. - 7 views
- Davies, Matthew - 7 views
- Payne, Matthew S. - 4 views
- Miller, James H. Jr. - 2 views
- Perl, Allen R. - 18 views
- Lynch, Dennis M. - 7 views
- Cannon, Jack - 2 views
- Homsy, Joseph J. G. - 9 views
- Kaveny, Elizabeth - 2 views
- VanOverloop, Melanie - 9 views
Popular lawyers in Chicago, Illinois
- Lerum, Catherine Eleanor - 21 views
- Radvila, Gintare - 36 views
- Pocari, Flavia - 13 views
- Dzamashvili, Anna - 15 views
- Timm, Jennifer - 16 views
- Hartig, Eric M. - 15 views
- Lacy, Maricarol - 14 views
- LaCien, Brian - 14 views
- Kumor, John Esq. - 13 views
- Citino, Maria A. - 13 views
Most rated lawyers in Chicago, Illinois
- Conti, Gia M. - 1 votes
- Lichtenberg, Kevin C. - 0 votes
- Sanford, James M. - 0 votes
- Friend, Martin B. - 0 votes
- Shell, Scott A. - 0 votes
- Seltzer, Robert A. - 0 votes
- Sherman, Martina B. - 0 votes
- Steadmon, Raymond C. - 0 votes
- Raymond, Louis C. II - 0 votes
- Sacks, Marvin - 0 votes