Zochert, Carrie L.
Address: 3720 IDS Center 80 South 8th Street, Suite 3720, Minneapolis, MN 55402
Lawyer Firm: Berens & Miller, P.A.
|Areas of Practice||Business Litigation|
Carrie Zochert is an experienced litigator at Berens & Miller, an AV Preeminent-rated attorney, and consistently selected as a SuperLawyer. Ms. Zochert, a partner in the firm, focuses her practice on management-side employment law and complex business litigation. Her practice covers the spectrum of employment litigation in both state and federal courts, as well as charges of discrimination before the Minnesota Human Rights Commission and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). Ms. Zochert has handled cases involving claims of race, religious, age, gender, and disability discrimination, as well as retaliatory discharge, sexual harassment, and non-compete/restrictive covenant claims. She has significant experience in the defense of collective and class action lawsuits involving state and federal wage and overtime violations, misclassification, and discrimination claims. She routinely advises clients on employment and work-related issues.
In addition to employment law cases, Ms. Zochert also has experience representing clients in complex commercial litigation disputes, including breach of contract, business torts, insurance coverage, trade secrets, trademark, and patent disputes. She also represents clients in alternative dispute resolution venues, including arbitration (AAA, JAMS, FINRA) and private mediation of matters. Ms. Zochert has successfully represented clients in appellate matters, both as the appellant and as the respondent. As a result of her extensive and varied practice, Ms. Zochert has experience providing direction and insight for high-level strategic decisions involving nationwide litigation, e-discovery, and settlement.
Prior to attending law school, Ms. Zochert pursued a business career, serving as a marketing executive for a subsidiary of a Fortune 100 company. Her business background provides her with a unique understanding of the practical implications of multi-party litigation, including defense strategy, risk and cost analysis, as well as effective and efficient management of discovery throughout the litigation process.
Ms. Zochert is a member of the American Bar Association, the Minnesota State Bar Association, the Federal Bar Association, and is currently admitted to practice in the United States District Court of Minnesota and all state courts in Minnesota.
Ms. Zochert earned her J.D., cum laude, from William Mitchell College of Law. Following law school, Ms. Zochert clerked at the Minnesota Court of Appeals.
Update Zochert, Carrie L. information | View Google Map
Other lawyers in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Sheehy, James B. - 1 views
- Lundgren, David R. - 8 views
- Wanta, Shawn J. - 9 views
- Lang, Debbie E. - 7 views
- Gallenberg, Deborah M. - 5 views
- Vavreck, Mark Leon - 3 views
- Schwie, Jessica E. - 0 views
- Hansen, Erik F. - 3 views
- Scrabeck, Bridget C. - 5 views
- Dahl, Richard M. - 3 views
Popular lawyers in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Syzmanski, Kindra Marie Seifert - 13 views
- Storms, Jeffrey - 10 views
- Streed, Mark D. - 11 views
- Tisher, Kirk - 9 views
- Burns, Patrick C. - 10 views
- Schenk, Brian D. - 10 views
- Meaney, Ethan P. - 14 views
- Gernander, Barton C. - 10 views
- Waters, Jen - 14 views
- Patrin, Derek A. - 14 views
Most rated lawyers in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Zimmerman, Genevieve M. - 0 votes
- Alsop, Robert A. - 0 votes
- Kunze, Megan J. - 0 votes
- Halberg, Marsh J. - 0 votes
- Dahl, Richard M. - 0 votes
- Utley, John - 0 votes
- Miller, Gerald A. - 0 votes
- Sommerer, Carl J. II. - 0 votes
- Beito, Thomas - 0 votes
- Wanta, Shawn J. - 0 votes